Monday, April 21, 2008

'Iolani Fair

Well it was a busy week. Spent most of the week working at the 'Iolani Fair. On Friday we went to the fair around 5pm and stayed til closing. There was a lot of good food to eat.

Ashley attended Kawai Kon at the Convention Center on Saturday then we went back to the fair in the evening. Spent the early part of the evening hovering around the silent auction. Among other things there were basketballs signed by Jordan Farmar, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom and Derek Fisher. But what I had my eyes on were Kobe Bryant's autographed basketball shoes.

On Friday the bid for the shoes was already going for $400...by Saturday evening the bid was up to $550. Well with one minute left to go in the auction I placed my bid, $570. Yes I bought a pair of used sneakers for $570...Well it was worth it. If Kobe gets the MVP this year...if the Lakers win the championship...it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment